Trying to figure out what to do with that refrigerator full of leftovers from your Thanksgiving feast? If you still haven't gotten your fill, here is a recipe to make use of the extra turkey and cranberry sauce, while also packing a hearty and protein-filled punch.
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Fat: 15g
Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
Dietary Fiber: 6g
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 12 oz cooked turkey slices
- ¼ c up low-fat cream cheese
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup whole cranberry sauce
- 4 slices low-fat Swiss cheese
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Divide a 1/4 cup of low-fat cream cheese between four slices of bread.
- Sprinkle each slice with 1/8 cup of walnuts, then top with 3 ounces of turkey each.
- Layer each slice of bread with 1/8 cup of cranberry sauce.
- Top with low-fat Swiss cheese, lettuce, and the other slice of bread.
- Serve with your choice of side.