Most experts would agree that 30 minutes of physical activity a day can have an impact on your health and fitness. Now we are seeing the same benefits if you divide your time into two or three 10 to 15 minute segments a day.
"Our bodies were designed to be physically active, and they don’t do well with long term exposure to sedentary living. Lack of physical activity is a major risk factor for cardiovascular disease," notes Russell Pate, Ph.D., professor in the Department of Exercise at the University of South Carolina.
Here are some of Dr. Pate’s tips for getting active:
1) Get out the leash and walk your dog. It’s good for both of you.
2) Take a walk with your spouse, significant other or children. This is a great way for some one on one time and an opportunity to discover new neighborhoods.
3) Mall walk. This is a great activity in inclement weather.
4) Join a league. Contact your local recreation department and find out what leagues are available.
5) Walk and talk. Hold walking meetings. Instead of sitting at your desk on a conference call get up and move around.
6) TV time. Watch your favorite show or game while walking on the treadmill.
7) Park and walk. Find the furthest comfortable parking spot from the store and enjoy the walk to and from your errand.
As always if you have trouble walking due to pain, injury or other health related issues be sure to receive permission from your medical provider.
If you’re looking for a jump start please contact The Trust and set up an appointment to visit EXOS for a full physical therapy, nutrition and movement evaluation and programming. Our team will provide you with personal strategies and a game plan to help you stay active for years to come.
LEARN MORE ABOUT EXOS' LIFESTYLE SERVICES BY CONTACTING YOUR PROGRAM MANAGER TODAY.
DON'T HAVE A PROGRAM MANAGER? GET ENROLLED IN THE TRUST BY CALLING 866.725.0063 OR E-MAILING US AT INFO@PLAYERSTRUST.COM.