Tip Content Provided
Need a tasty, easy and nutritious option for your Father's Day meal? Check out this citrus-glazed flank steak recipe guaranteed to be a hit with the whole family:
1 Tbsp chopped garlic
3 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
3 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp fresh ginger
1 lb flank steak
- In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic, the juice and zest from 3 oranges, the juice and zest from 3 limes, 3 tablespoons of low-sodium soy sauce, 3 tablespoons of honey, and 1 tablespoon of minced ginger.
- Set 1/2 of the mixture aside.
- Place steak in 1/2 of marinade and refrigerate for a minimum of an hour (you can also do the night before).
- Preheat broiler.
- Place other 1/2 of marinade in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring it to a boil.
- Cook for 3 minutes. Remove marinade from the heat.
- Place steak on a foil-lined broiler pan.
- Brush cooked marinade over steak.
- Broil 5 minutes or until browned.
- Turn steak over and brush with the remaining cooked marinade.
- Broil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and wrap foil around steak.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve steak with pan juices.
Cook time: 30 minutes
Protein: 27 g
Total fat: 7g
Saturated fat: 2.5 g
Carbohydrates: 36 g
Dietary fiber: 5g